Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday August 12th. The eagle has landed..... I left Sackville at 6.30 this morning. The weather was grey and overcast with a Light fog. I was excited a about my last day in the saddle but not the 214 kms ahead of me. However, I persevered and as the hours passed the kms got shorter. I narrowly avoided several showers but never really got wet. My wife Mary met me at several locations along the way and provided me with nourishment as well as moral support. I finally crossed the McDonald bridge into Halifax at 5.30 PM. I dipped my foot and the bike into Halifax harbour and felt relieved to have this gargantuan journey behind me. It's also nice that I can give this a big X off my bucket list.



I would like to thank all the people for their moral support and also their financial support for Child Haven.

I would especially like to thank my family and my Long Suffering Wife for their patience and support during this arduous journey and futile attempt at self-destruction......

Sean

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sean!

    We're proud of you.

    Hope to see you when we get out west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean and Mary,
    Hope you have a relaxing time as you make your way back to Calgary after your incredible journey! What an achievement!
    Peggy

    Just wondering...would you like to get together for a bike ride next week, I heard you are really into that now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaste and Hi!
    Sean,
    Thank you soo...much for your generous support for Child Haven. Your caring support for the children of Child Haven will make a huge difference in their lives.

    Thank you again for your compassionate support.

    With kind regards,
    Dhruba Pradhan
    Child Haven(Nepal)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A late, but heartfelt, congratulations, Sean! A terrific accomplishment. Well done to you too, Mary! See both of you very soon.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congratulations from Ireland!!! Well done on the fantastic journey!

    ReplyDelete